Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is It Just Me?

It's too cold to garden today and I've been up since 6 a.m. so decided to update my social networks and write my 2009 family newsletter. I've accepted Plaxo invitations, Linked In connections and peered into a friend's Facebook account. I got caught up on ASTD, ISPI, PINOT and other industry-related sites and took time to read some of my favorite blogs like eClippings and Indexed. Then I paid bills online and responded to personal emails. Frankly, I'm having a hard time keeping track of all these passwords and social networks. The thought of subscribing to anyone's Twitter Tweets just seems stupid.

Nonetheless, my cell phone is on, my Ipod connected and my batteries recharging. Half the day is gone and yet I still haven't downloaded the last set of photos and music, updated my Netflix queue, nor checked on my Paypal balance. After dropping my cell phone in water (think pedicure: "Oops! was that my phone that just fell into the bubbles?"), I did enjoy switching to a keyboard style phone that allows me to text without translating numbers and button pushes to letters 1=abc, etc. So is it me, or are we all just a bit overdoing it with personal technology?

No comments: