Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My To Do List Woke Me at 1:30 a.m.

Actually, I never slept. We had lightning in the sky, a frightened puppy on the bed, and my head spinning with all the cool ideas gleaned from the ASTD International Conference and EXPO in San Diego last week. At 1:30 a.m., with Sparticus at my heels, I searched all the 'junk' drawers in the house for a notepad. The only one found said ONE with the ConAgra Foods logo, from a failed effort years back to get all business units on the same page, but I digress. Thirty-eight line items later my husband wandered into the room, somehow wakened by the dog, the light, or doors and drawers being opened and closed. Only one of the line items related to him, in that I would like him to stop being so cranky every time a certain fishman drives his boat up near our beach...But thirty-eight? Here are some samples:

  • finishing our flip house (Plattsmouth)

  • missing my brother who passed away (Vince)

  • needing a fence (ours)

  • judging an art contest (for OneGirlsDream)

  • setting up Power Hour webinars (work)

  • upgrading our Corporate training (work)

  • buying an investment property (San Diego)


I had to write them down. By the time I turned the light off an hour later, I had scheduled my work of the week, reminded myself that I can't do everything at once and even planned time for social interaction with a former colleage, Ronda Smith, who now owns her own marketing company in addition to working on her Phd. Let's call that perspective. Lights out, good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it. I do this lots of times too... Problem for me is that I start on the first thing, and end up spending the whole day doing #1, and never even make it to #2...